Wednesday, November 9, 2011

I live in H-ville and I am looking to create a group for parents with autistic children, anyone interested?

I think with the growing epidemic of autism we all could use support. I dont know anyone with autistic children. I have a 5 year old high functioning autistic boy. I do not have patience with him and it has caused a void in our relationship. He knows we have'nt got patience so he acts out. My 3 year old daughter has started to treat her brother badly and screams at him. I know she has learned this behavior from us. What do I do? I love him dearly but how do I learn to show him he is important and that mommy is'nt always aggravated with him? I would love to meet othere parents/grandparents to get with so we can share stories and experiences and see wwhat we can offer eachother for support. My mother-in-law makes everyone feel sorry for him and she believes every myth out there and does'nt educate herself on this condition so when he goes over there he is babied -and treated as a major handicap when he is'nt nor should he be treated as a total disabled child. Any takers on support group

No comments:

Post a Comment