Sunday, November 6, 2011

Are there any organizations that act as anti-exodus, pro-gay, supportive therapy institutions?

I'm looking for the existence of an alter-exodus program. (For those who don't know, exodus is a reparative therapy treatment to make gay people into "moral" straight people.) What I'm wondering, is if there are any, sort-of "polarity" organizations, that offer the same services as exodus, such as therapy and healing counseling, but do so in order to help people embrace, or enhance their understanding of their ualities, rather than uproot, or submerge their natural inclinations. I'm looking for any organization that might use camps, wilderness therapy, gay help hotlines, or anything along these lines. If you know of any, can you tell me where they are located? Or even provide links to their pages? I'm interested in serving or creating an alternative to exodus "ministries" and I want to know what is already out there. Aside from general interest, I plan on becoming a licensed psychologist or therapist, and would be interested in volunteering at any said organization.

No comments:

Post a Comment